Over the years I've attended numerous miniature art fairs, model making exhibitions and re-enactment events where I've frequently been involved in demonstrating or teaching about a wide variety of subjects. Inevitably you find there are certain topics or questions which arise time and time again at each show. In recognition of these commonly asked questions I have put together the following selection of brief introductory articles outlining a few basic thoughts, tips and techniques to help beginners to get started with different subjects. For those unable to access these files click the following link to download the Adobe free pdf reader. www.adobe.com
Model Making Articles.
- Guide to miniature figure painting.
- Guide to miniature figure sculpting.
- Guide to scenic and terrain modelling
- Guide to scaling down colours on small models.
- Guide to weathering and distressing models.
Historical Re-enactment Articles.
- A re-enactors introduction to 'Dark Age' Textiles.- Brief notes for those making reproduction costume.
- Viking Costume at a Glance.- A simple summary of costuming for Viking re-enactors
- Viking Turn shoes.- Basic techniques for making replica footwear.
- An overview of textiles throughout British history.- Common textiles prior to mechanised weaving.
- Authentic or merely accurate? - Food for thought for the more serious historical re-enactor.
- What Price Authenticity? - A controversial look at the state of historical re-enactment.